Thursday, 16 June 2011

Day 10 - Invermoriston to Drumnadrochit - 14 miles






OK legs. You have to get going, whether you like it or not! Had breakfast then set off early. Read that this part of the walk was strenuous. Huh, used to that! Weather was dry and overcast too. Lovely day for walking.
Off round the corner, then wham, got to go up that there hill! OK!
We can do this can’t we legs and feet? Ok, still not speaking to me from yesterday then. Don’t blame you!
We are going, whether you like it or not!
Upwards and upwards, then down a bit, then up a bit more. Was this to be the same as yesterday afternoon? Hope not!She knew nothing of forests!
Didn’t have my red coat on tho for long. Was a quick five min shower. Pack rainstuff away, off we go!
Half hour later, get them out again for another five mins, then pack away again. Is somebody having a laugh here or what. Make your mind up please. Not got time for all this stopping and starting!
Well, I climbed, and climbed, through the trees, but....... wow what a view. Lovely scenes overlooking Loch Ness. Took more pictrures. Sorry Libby, Nessie seems to be having a lie in!
It was quite undulating this route, but enjoyable. How a walk should be. I chatted to a couple of German youngsters. They were camping too! Good luck to them. Rather them than me. I want a bed at the end of the day on this walk! The thoughts of having to put your tent up and then start messing about, and perhaps drying all your gear too. No thanks! Hot shower, kettle and a couple of power sockets please!
Don’t want much do I?
Chatted to another Scottish couple I have seen along the way too.
Anyway, plod on, but in a nice way today. Proper forest paths, good directions, Stopped a couple of times too, to savour the view and rest. Last bit, about 2 miles to go. Again this always seems the hardest.
Walked through moorland, then on to a main road. Gosh, these are hard on the feet! I thought i had missed the turnoff for the forest like it said, the road was that long. Should I turn back, should I carry on. Decided to carry on, as it was heading in the right direction anyway. Next there was the turning. They can’t measure miles here! Turned down the path and meandered into the lovely place of Drumnadrochit. Actually arrived at the B & B before my luggage too, so left my rucksack there and set off to explore the place.
Visited the Loch Ness Monster tourist exhibition. Was quite interesting. Did a bit of shopping, and was looking round the whiskey shop at all the different kinds, when the shop assistant asked if I would like to try some. Well, when in Rome etc..... asked for a little drop.......got a lot! Wow, nearly blew my head off. It was very good! Mmmmmmm
Back to B & B, shower, change and off for food. Need to soak up the whiskey. Went to alovely place called The Fiddler. I had Venison again. It was lovely! Then met a couple, from Melbourne, who I walked with a couple of bits. Another whiskey! Dessert, no I’m full. Gaelic coffee? Mmmmmm ok then. Twist my harm! Three whiskey’s mean I should sleep. Had no internet for a couple of days, so Blog would have to wait. How do they live without internet?
Early start tomorrow 18 miles and last day! Oh, and by the way, today was 15 miles, not 14. Told you they can’t work out what a mile is. Must be all the whiskey they drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment